Search This Blog

Friday, May 17, 2013

Farmers Market Time in Granville

Just down the street, a few blocks beyond where Newark-Granville Road morphs into Broadway is The Farmers Market.  It is where Granville is Granville and this Saturday it is back!  8:30 am the bell will ring. Parking can be a challenge but it is worth it...I hope to make a quick opening day trip tomorrow, but LAX Jam is part of our lives on Newark-Granville Road this weekend- so we'll have to see.

Back to the market...I'm giddy, like Christmas Eve....what and who will be there in the morning. The Vendors are amazing and have become like friends in many ways- who will return, who will be new, who will be the must have/must see person this year.  Last year it was the Dilbone's and their Sunbeam Farm produce- yum- just received the email with the list- can't wait to make my crispy kale!!  I've been hearing about a friend's new venture that will be part of the Farmers Market- Go Cat Bakery....a garlic chocolate chip cookie is intriguing to me! Plus I love the family and can't wait to see and learn more. More to share but it is time to get the day going on Newark-Granville Road....good things await.

I'll give you a full report  about the market on a future blog- would be fun to share this special treat of life on Newark-Granville Road with you!

1 comment:

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I am in love with kale now and the cookies sound intriguing to me also. Have a great weekend! I am off to Arizona on Sunday! Peace be with you! Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart