Search This Blog

Thursday, June 27, 2013

changing plans....

I thought I had my day planned. I left the office with the "to-dos" outlined yesterday.  Joe and I coordinated the schedule.  I woke up and changed the plans.  I'm glad I did.  It required asking for help. I needed Joe to switch his plans so I could get a run in- a run which kept me on track with preparation for a 5K, kept me in a happy place and gave the dog some exercise.  Yeah Joe and his flexibility.

The day at the office didn't go as planned either but it was a good day. It is always a productive day when I get to interact with good people, converse and share, gather and give input.  I did check a few to-dos off the list.  I also ended up at Calling Hours and being with wonderful members of our community celebrating the life of Jim Barton.  It was the right thing to do, the right place to be.  This family has always welcomed me and treated me well- my heart aches for them. They are all giving to the community and their friends. Jim leaves a legacy. They were in good places of comfort and strength. We'll continue to support them as they process this loss/change.

The day did get to end with friend dinner and that did go as planned making life on Newark-Granville Road flexible and fun.

No comments: