Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Singing all the way back to Newark-Granville Road

I love to listen to public radio in the morning on the way to work.  I feel like lately so many of the "articles" are things I can relate to, are of great interest.  I always think I'm going to be able to log on and learn more....tonight I did because I'm blogging about the topic and wanted to give you the access:
http://wosu.org/2012/allsides/narrative-medicine-how-listening-heals/   I found the topic interesting, but within the broadcast was the point about what shaman will ask to diagnosis-"when did you stop dancing, when did you stop singing"...and go from there about valuing stories and silence.  Those questions made me pause and reflect on the happy times in my life on Newark-Granville Road and beyond that includes dancing and singing. I'm grateful Joe and I find time to dance. I'm grateful we sing a fair amount for a variety of reasons and the kids love it too.  In fact tonight was a wonderful sing-a-long to the radio drive home.  As frustrated as I was when trying to get out the door tonight- Sally was in tears because her siblings wouldn't let her sing a solo (allegedly)- she ended up singing it on the drive to the swim meet and it was beautiful.  Recently with some girl friends we sang "American Pie" and some other songs from our era....I smiled so much my jaws hurt!  Hip Hip Hooray for technology that makes singing on Newark-Granville Road all the easier....Make sure you're singing and dancing as it makes life all the more fulfilling.

No comments: