Search This Blog

Monday, June 17, 2013

keeping the berries going!

Last night was strawberry shortcake, tonight strawberry shortcakes with roasted strawberries! I tasted roasted strawberries at Jeni's in Bexley and sure enough- pintrest gave me the recipe. Joe's says he likes the dessert with the roasted berries better than last night- I'm not there but it is good.  I do think using the roasted fruit on an appetizer with cheese will be pretty darn good, or possibly on a bagel with cream cheese.....I got the berries sliced and into their next phase at just the right time.  There were quite a few I had to pitch due to mush- no mold yet - phew!  Kids have had their fair share of simple eating from the baskets and that thrills me. June is a sweet strawberry month on Newark-Granville Road!

1 comment:

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I sauted (spelling) strawberries for our pancakes. I love this time of year! Peace, Mary Helen