Search This Blog

Monday, June 10, 2013

needs Vacation Bible School

I love Vacation Bible School...no doubt I've blogged about this before.  It is hard not to be involved as I've spent a fair amount of time helping make it happen.  The best part of Granville's Ecumenical VBS- churches come together and make it work. Resources and efforts are pulled to unite us in our Christian faith. The promises of baptism radiate out during this week and the first newsletter home didn't disappoint.

Sally is our only VBS Leithauser kid but lots of wonderful community kids are involved.  It was awesome to hear Sally rattle off the names of kids she is seeing in this way.  I also loved hearing from friends that their older children are helpers!    The verse that made its way to me was summed up well by Sally's chatter: "Serve one another in love" Galatians 5:13 b and "Love the Lore God with all your heart, mind soul and strength" Mark 12:30.  Thanks to all involved to make this week happen to enhance not just our lives but many on Newark-Granville Road.

We all get pulled in many directions but boy life is better when we listen and apply this message.  I'm here to help others as I can and boy do I appreciate when others help me.  Tonight the coach waiting with Peter in the rain as I did the Newark-Granville Shuttling and other helping me make sure MCC swim team will fit into our crazy lives.   The Italian market who usually serves me during off hours.  What fun to talk with Sally about serving and have her see it in action all around our lives on Newark-Granville Road.  I have a good feeling lots of good lessons will continue this week- I'm ready.

1 comment:

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I love the idea of a group effort! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez stewart