Search This Blog

Friday, October 4, 2013

making piles and files.....

Ohhhh the blog title sounds like a favorite quote......"face piles of trials with smiles....." Moody Blues....that is what I did today- I made piles.  I reduced piles. I crossed things off the list of things to do, I organized and ooooh it felt good.  I made the big list for next week, I sent emails to fill the schedule...and yes this helps deal with the trials of juggling a full full time job.  The Works is amazing and development work is never done and I don't have enough hours in the day but that is a good thing- that is the need for progress.

It was a desk day, but wrapped up with people.  I ended the work day thanking a donor and Works member one last time.  Jerry Reid http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/newarkadvocate/   The calling hours gave me a chance to visit with his family and friends and get to know him better. Funny isn't it- getting to know someone better at their funeral/calling hours but it is the time often reflection to paint a fuller picture.   I'm grateful Jerry knew the Works - after seeing his impressive background and passions, I'm not surprised at all that he supported The Works mission.

Time to chip away at a big pile and prepare for the full weekend in my Life on Newark-Granville Road!

No comments: