Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

not enough hours in the day, days in the week, etc..

So it was a great day back at work today- great day! I went in ready to go, excited about the tasks ahead- I love everything I'm working on.....but there were not enough hours to do it all. I had to make a quick escape for Mom duty and then went back to work.  Then hurried up and got a number of important tasks done and headed out for more work with fun- did I say how much I love my job and how it does blend with fun!

So Joe is dealing with the same thing in his volunteer sports coaching world. I'm seeing it as parents reach out about conflicts with Sunday practices and games....tomorrow is supposed to be Peter's first basketball game- just figured out the way to connect with the out-of-town coach- can't do it- 6th-grade music concert tomorrow. Why is it so complicated now? Why can't it be more simple?  If the 6th graders are singing, playing music then the Granville Rec certainly knows that and doesn't schedule a game- we're a village.  A simple community where we are aware of such overlaps...We're a good community that prioritizes and values church time- certainly, you can do church and sports too....why is it getting so hard to keep it going?

I don't have the answers in my life on Newark-Granville Road. I share tonight as maybe you do have some thoughts and input? Maybe we're taking it too seriously and should accept we can't do it all and games will get rescheduled and kids will learn life lessons from the disappointment of their friends getting their first games this week and they'll wait.  Life on Newark-Granville Road includes many lessons that I share often- 3 steps forward, 2 back, and so on and so on...we try to sit loosely in the saddle of life and ride the waves....Impromptu gatherings can be the best the lesson for me tonight.  We're doing good things and there are rewards on Newark-Granville Road...but the planner in me wants to find ways and times to make it work.  We do our best, we ask for help and support and we move forward one way or another in my life on Newark-Granville Road!

No comments: