Search This Blog

Monday, November 12, 2012

Happy Phone Calls



Here is another blog....actually my first blog....and the good news is this blog doesnt' need daily updating.  I started the "Update for Sarah" blog in Nov 2008 so the fact I was just able to post a title of 8.1 brings me to tears.   Most of you know my sister was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer and is doing so very well!- she remains in remission and her marker number is very low!  I used the blog to help keep folks up on what was going on with her. Sarah doesn't really do social media but we wanted to help connect people and I'm so glad we did. No doubt the prayers and energy helped Sarah find the strength she needed.  I should be keeping the effort up on updates around the general effort to fight and end Ovarian Cancer.  Reality is life has settled to normal. We love supporting all those that are helping with direct fundraising- Pelatonia and so many more.  I believe my work @ The Works is helping educate our future doctors and researcher- STEM education is critical to this work!! And talking and sharing is another way- we all need to be doing our best to stay healthy and get the screens we need- please.

I just took a looking back at the updates I shared that first year...wow....life is soooo good on Newark-Granville Road and in Maryland.  Sarah is doing really well- thank you for the prayers- they were work!!   So I looked at when I started this blog- 2009... time flies...I really thought I had started it before the "Sarah" blog- I was wrong.

 I also was able to talk with my brother tonight- happy news there too- his daughter was elected Student Council Secretary and he is embracing his birthday week- big 43 very soon.....He's catching up to me....I hope a phone call bring you happy news and the comfort it delivered on Newark-Granville Road for me.

3 comments:

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I have had a quiet day but to hear that Sarah is still doing so well and numbers remain low is a comfortable hug from the universe. My son in law is a doctor and he reminds me that the support circle of love from family and friends is immeasurable. My sister does not really do the social network thing...but it is a way for me to reach my family still in Kentucky. I wish you continued peace dear friend and yes you are touching the future healers. Peace, Mary Helen

SSLeithauser said...

Thank you MH!!!!

SSLeithauser said...

Thank you MH!!!!