Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

and the characters that keep it entertaining......

So the Blog's title- Life on Newark-Granville Road should include those living energies that keep it fun.  I've had it in my head to document the family, capture the energy that keeps me in motion.  Included in my plans has always been a profile about Griffey- are darling dog.  The arrival of whom we announced on the blog.  And then the dog gives me something to share, something that "keeps us real" as a friend likes to say.....

Behold my one and only Amy Hamilton, Granville Millinery, hat...purchased at The First HATSOFF!...maybe the 2nd.....I've worn it for Derby, weddings, baptisms...and it now it is gone....Griffey.....



You know I blame myself.  Joe and I were just saying we've been pretty lucky with our 19 month old's chewing issues....a pair of Uggs did make us sad at the end of last winter.....he chews a lot but pretty unsubstanstial choices...until yesterday...sigh......

We do love this dog- he's all mutt- he still has one ear up, one down.  He passed obedience school but forgets most of his lessons.  He adores us....after his walk in the morning he loves to greet anyone left in bed with big wake-up licks.  He is a great runner. He isn't as big as we thought (hoped) he'd get but we love him.....He barks a bit too much- sorry Newark-Granville neighbors....but he's protecting us. He is smart and social and loves to play with his pals at McNally's Doggie Daycare.  Yes Life on Newark-Granville road is all the better with Griffey in our lives.

No comments: